Friday 5 December 2014

A small snippet from Old Geezers 2

I'm trying to find a piece to use as a mouth waterer for Geezers 2. I was thinking of using some of this from chapter two. I hope it's confusing enough to make people want to know more.



‘I must have called the Defense Department twenty times. Even when I finally got through and played: pass-me-round-every-department-in-the-goddamn-building, all I got was some smooth talking asshole saying: “thank you, but you must understand that…” It’s driving me nuts!’ Obviously reading their blank expressions, Abe erupted with increased fury, much to the consternation of a passing guest who squeaked in fright before apparently recovering enough vitality to abandon her Zimmer frame and sprint away. ‘The bomb, the damned bomb! I told them it was going to go off, but they won’t believe me.’
‘Well of course they won’t believe you.’ Chet attempted, and failed to keep the sarcasm from his voice. ‘It’s not due to go off for another ten years. What do you expect? “Yes sir, a nuclear bomb is going to go off in Mexico City in ten years – we’ll look right into it.” Look,’ he glared at Abe, ‘it’s over, finished.’

  A little long?

3 comments:

  1. I think it's perfect and not too long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it sounds great! I heard great things about Old Geezers 1 on Donna's blog. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both. I'll tart it up just a little and then give it a try.

    ReplyDelete

Labels