Sunday 10 April 2016

I woke up with a really strange idea.

I often wake in the middle of the night with a lot of strange ideas but I won't relate them on this blog.
    The particular notion that struck me as odd was: can a man write a good love story? I've never actually read one - ever. But there's nothing to stop me trying. I could always take up a pen name. I rather like Gladys. It's one of the few genres I haven't tried, although in my novel The Book Of Pain there is a love story of sorts. That's if you can count the relationship between a four hundred year old man and a twenty something woman as love - especially as he's considering casting her into hell to save his own soul.
    I (mentally) wrestled with the idea of heaving bosoms and men coming to terms with their feminine side and finally admitting what we already know; ie that women are fully in control with their identity while men almost always act in accordance to how they perceive as what the world is expecting of them. I went on with this for almost twenty minutes before quickly casting it aside and returning to the fourth horror novel in my trilogy.  Short lived identity crises over; I'm going back to blood and guts.


  Here's something I knocked up using not one but three painting packages. The inclination is beginning to wear a little thin and I see some writing coming on. I can't wait to try out my new writing package. The one like Word but infinitely better and written especially for the tablet. At just under £5 it was a bargain and I can't wait to try it out.



    Blogger's messing about with my font size again.

9 comments:

  1. lol .. I've been out of the blog world for so long .. (dusted off mine a bit and gave it a little revamp..could be short lived!).... but I really must come back more often! I do enjoy your ideas and I rather like the sound of Gladys' novel :)) Nice to see you still creating your paintings too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I realised that I already used Gladys. She's the ruler of the Galaxy in Three Hoodies 3. I'll have to think of someone else.
    Good to see you back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pic. Men can and do write good love stories. Look at our friend Mark. I'm sure you'd write an excellent one. Collaborate with a woman if you're uneasy about writing your first one. I say, You can do anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking of Mark, too. :-)

      I've been told that many hardcore romance readers can instantly tell the difference between a male and female writer, without knowing the author's name. But come to think of it, that doesn't make a male-written romance bad--just different.

      Delete
    2. I once enlisted the assistance of a woman in reading my one and only love scene. After she'd stopped giggling and nearly thrown up her lunch she stormed to tell her friends. And that's why I've never done it again.

      Delete
    3. That sounds like a perfectly good reason not to do it again ... and it sounds similar to the reaction my singing gets.

      Delete
  4. Perhaps I'll write a little love into the next horror.
    Little steps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go for it Roger, there is nothing you can't write about if you put your mind to it. But please go easy on the heaving bosoms – I can’t be doing with those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I'll leave out the heaving bosoms. It sounds painful.

      Delete

Labels