Saturday 10 September 2016

I wish I'd paid attention when I took that editing course.

I've just begun editing the Book of Pain for it's conversion to paperback and as usual it is full of errors. That's not what annoys me so much; my novels are always full of typos before I upload them. What does really get up my starboard nostril is that I edited it to death before I uploaded it to Kindle. Now I'll have to do it again.
    But I'm being clever this time. I'm editing the original MS which means that once it's done and CreateSpace has it, I can just alter the line spacing and send it back to Kindle in it's corrected form. Although since the pirates picked on me I'm not selling at all, hence the move to C/S
    I wonder how many times I'd have to do it before it was error free; although having never read a book in my life without at least half a dozen mistakes it's hard to know if it's even possible. That doesn't excuse me but makes me feel slightly better. 
    I'm going to try to produce a completely error-free novel. I wonder if I'll be the first.

2 comments:

  1. Seems like everytime after I've published, I find a ton of editing that somehow didn't get done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read a book in my entire life without half a dozen. that doesn't make me feel better - just a bit smug.

    ReplyDelete

Labels