Sunday 25 June 2017

Half way through - I think

When writing a novel I have this self-imposed rule that it shouldn't be less than one hundred thousand words. I don't know where that rule came from but I've pretty much stuck to it with the exception of Old Geezers 3, which fell woefully short.
  
    I've reached about half way through my new one (for which I am going to use a pen name) but this time I'm just going to keep going until it feels right. That's probably what I should have done with my previous fourteen novels.

    If I'm still alive by the time it's finished and been edited several hundred times I think I'm going to try for traditional publication for the first time. If nothing else it will be a challenge I've never faced before. And if that doesn't work I'll just self pub it and get onto the next book. Something tells me that my attitude is wrong but for the life of me I don't know what it is. I love writing, and as I may have mentioned, I'd love to be rich - I think. But ultimately there's always another book waiting to get out. My retirement is approaching with the acceleration that middle age brings. I should be able to knock off at least another dozen before the man with the scythe comes 'a callin'.

    With about ten pages done today, I think I'm going to start on the cover. I've found plenty of people who (for a fee naturally) will produce one for me, but I'm going to do it myself. I already know what it will look like so I think I'll begin on it today.

    I don't believe I'll be able to find a thong wearing middle age women in the stock photo libraries so I'll have to let my strange imagination try to draw it myself. Just why there's a thong wearing middle aged woman in the book is something you'll have to wait to find out. I also doubt there'll be much choice of nipple rings in said libraries, either. I hope GIMP and I are up to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels