Sunday 30 July 2017

There's no excuse but I love it.

I've had the whole weekend to write. Almost twenty eight hours since I finished work, but I haven't been writing. I've been playing computer games.What? I hear you say. Messing about doing nothing? For shame!!

    Well, yes. I've burnt myself out writing and frankly I just don't know where the novel is going. I know what I want to happen but my fingers just won't type it. In fact I may have to begin all over again. But before I take that drastic step I'm having a few days off. I'll have plenty of time to write on Wednesday cooped up in a tiny little airplane going to another country.

     In fact, I know what the problem is. Ever since I got my spiffy new tablet I find it much easier to write on that instead of my computer. Hence the games. I also wanted to find out if this cheap and nasty PC I bought, instead of making it myself, has any power. I've been pleasantly surprised. It's a good job I no longer have DOOM or my writing might never start again.

    I have been working on the cover for said book. I don't know whether I should show you since it's a little rude. But since this won't be a novel for young people but adults I don't know why not. Clearly it's nowhere near finished but when it is it will be a caricature. In fact I might not even keep this one at all. Something even more shocking has just entered my nasty little brain.



4 comments:

  1. Sometimes we have to take breaks so the story can unweave more. As for the cover, lol, I don't know where you're going with the pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Roger, your painting reminds me of the large nude ladies done by Beryl Cook. She became famous because of them and probably made a fortune at the same time. This could be the start of a whole new career for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I was having fun until wiflet spotted it. Not at all impressed. I tried to tell her that it was a scene from the novel but she just called me something very bad.

      Delete

Labels