Wednesday 16 August 2017

I decided to do something creative despite being old

As I'm still relatively healthy despite my advanced age, I decided to do something I've been thinking about for a while.

    It's been a long time since I was a Royal Marine Commando and despite working out every day for over forty years I can no longer claim to be as fit as I was as a teenager. I know that I couldn't climb up the side of a mountain with well over a hundred pounds on my back, and a damn heavy machine gun, and enough ammunition to begin, and probably end my own little war. But I am still reasonably fit. So I stopped smoking. It's been hard, although not as hard as I'd imagined.

    So to celebrate my new found wealth since a packet of ciggs in the UK costs about a million quid a packet, in just one week I've saved enough money to buy something I've been wanting for ages but couldn't really justify. 

    I bought ArtRage 5

    I know what it can do and I've been watching all kinds of tutorials on the net which has given me a pretty good idea how to begin. it doesn't have all the fancy tools of GIMP which I've had for years, or the fancy tools of Photoshop which I can't afford and wouldn't even if I could. But at least I get to try and have some fun at the same time.

    I've finished the cover for my new novel so I won't do it with ArtRage, but there's plenty of books left in these elderly fingers. Thus my next cover will be with that; perhaps an oil painting (he said, getting well ahead of himself as usual).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels