Saturday 9 September 2017

Editing with a vengeance.

I'm almost half way through the first of myriad edits of my new novel. I don't drink anymore and haven't for over a decade so I wonder how I could have three chapters 6's and no chapter eight or nine. No matter, that's what editing is all about.

    And as usual I've begun deleting the exploratory plot twists that didn't work out and in some cases apparently forgot about by the next page. It's fun but I can't wait to begin my next book. The only problem is that I don't get much spare time anymore so I don't even know when I'll be finished with Sods Law let alone get onto the next.

    Here's something I've been working on with my new painting program. clearly I've got a long way to go before I approach even bad. Working with oil, even simulated, is tough going. I'm beginning to admire the artists who actually paint with the real stuff.


2 comments:

  1. Wow! I think you have done a fabulous job with your painting program. Learning new tools always takes time and it looks like you are doing great.

    Good luck editing. I am always amazed and shocked by some of my blatant errors!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, it will take me some time to get used to oils - even virtually.
    I'm taking this editing maklarky seriously this time. I don't want a single error.

    ReplyDelete

Labels