Sunday 8 October 2017

No dogs bit me today.

Today I had absolutely nothing to do. As previously mentioned I've finally got rid of Sky television so there was nothing to watch on the box. The only thing that's really changed is that I've got nothing to watch but am no longer paying £69 per month for being bored witless and screaming abuse at the ads which now appear about every twelve seconds; or rather, don't as I've got rid of Sky TV.

    So With no more excuses that I could come up with I got down to some editing and am pleased to report that by next weekend I'll be able to send my newest tome out to my beta readers. It always worries me after I ask them to be truthful, wondering if the MS will be returned with ABSOLUTE CRAP!!!! appended to the last page. But I'd rather know before I publish it. I'll still edit it half a dozen times more before that day arrives but at least I'll know if I should begin all over again.

    It has changed somewhat during the second and third rewrite. It was meant to be a parody but lest I was accused of copying certain other well known writers who are much better at that sort of thing than I, I've given up and changed it (subtly I hope) to my version of subdued comedy. The proof will be in the reading. 

    Here's a retouched version of one of my earlier paintings. I've been trying really hard with ArtRage and the fact that is difficult is what makes me really enjoy it.


    I know it's rubbish but after Sod's Law is done I'll really put some time into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels