Sunday 15 October 2017

Second edit done.

It's taken me two weeks because I don't get much time these days, but I've finally finished edit number two of Sod's Law.

    All the plot holes are gone (I hope) and the next edit, after a few days off, will be to refine the writing. I have a bad habit of writing extraordinarily long sentences split sporadically by semi colons and commas. I used to copy Oscar Wilde who could make a sentence last a whole page. But he was better at it than me. These days I have to edit them all away.

    Edit number four will be the one I hate, all the error thingys. Still, it's for a good cause. My twentieth novel should be my best. Yes, I know every new novel should be the best thing I ever wrote and I do strive for that but twenty is quite a milestone for me. Admittedly three were so bad I didn't even try to edit them but just tossed all the paper in the trash. That's probably when I stopped writing all my first drafts with a pen, and discovered the wonderful new invention of Word - Ver 1a. Yes it was that long ago.

    So, onto some painting and this time I'll keep them all to myself. My changeover to (simulated) oil is not going very well and I won't offend anyone's eyes with my scrawl.

2 comments:

  1. I stupidly downloaded Grammarly, and it keeps telling me I’ve made ‘critical errors’ the problem is it won’t tell me what they are, unless I pay them.
    From the above you may deduce I’m good at those long sentences too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too downloaded Grammarly. Same problems. I've just about finished the next edit. Thank heavens for half term.

    ReplyDelete

Labels